My prayer song ” The Angel of the Lord Encircles Me” was inspired by Psalm 34:7 “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and delivers them.”
According to the Strong’s Bible Concordance, the “angel of the Lord” often referred to the “theophanic angel” ~ a divine visitation of God appearing in the form of an angel.
Many bible scholars believe that the theophanic angel was the pre-incarnate Christ. The word means, “messenger of God, an angel, prophet, priest, or teacher.“
The words “encamp about” mean to “dwell in, or all around as in a circuit, on every side.”
The words in the definition convey the idea that the angel (the messenger from God who is a teacher, priest, and prophet) is building a strong fortress all around the person he is guarding.
If a person fears the Lord, (by fear, the Psalmist means, honors, is morally reverent, and afraid to dishonor or offend the Lord), and if they abide in God’s strong fortress with the angel, and if that Angel is the Lord Jesus Christ, then something truly wonderful is going to happen.
That Angel is going to deliver them.
According to the Strong’s Bible Concordance, the word deliver means: “to remove, to draw out, equip for war, rescue, be armed, to make strong, to brace, to be saved.”
What are we going to be delivered from?
- Jesus is going to deliver us from whatever overwhelms, overcomes, or oppresses us.
- Jesus is going to remove whatever hinders us from advancing toward fulfilling His purpose in our life.
- First, Jesus saves our souls and forgives all our sins, washing them away as far as the east is from the west when we invite him into our heart to be our Lord and Savior.
“Therefore Jesus is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.” Hebrews 7:25
- Jesus is going to heal us from whatever soul sickness that blinds us and keeps us from knowing and growing in Him.
“He sent out his word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death.” Psalm 107:20
- Jesus is committed to equipping us for spiritual battle; God is on our side~ He wants us to succeed:
“God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect.He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights.He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.” Psalm 18:32-34
- Jesus make us strong through helping us to read and understand His word, and giving us the grace and power to obey it:
“For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.” ~Philippians 2:13
- Jesus delivers us so that we can overcome temptation.
“And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.” 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NLT)
- Jesus is going to give us victory over what had formerly overcome us:
“For this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.” 1 John 5:4
- Finally, Jesus delivers us from our enemies when we put our trust in Him. He is committed to making us strong and whole.
“To them that have no might He increases strength.” Isaiah 40:29
Thank You for sending Thy Son Jesus Christ to by my Protector and Guardian, Savior, Redeemer, and Friend, who ever guards me night and day through His Holy Spirit who lives inside my heart. May You help me to truly understand all of the wonderful things my Lord Jesus does for all who trust Him as their Savior and Lord, in Jesus holy name, amen.
The Prayer Poem and Illustration are from “Paths of Love Illustrated Prayer Song Book: Prayer Songs Celebrating God’s Love” © 2015 All Rights Reserved.
“The Angel of The Lord Encircles Me” is a comforting, inspirational 2 minute 45 second Video featuring my prayer poem and original piano solo, “The Angel of the Lord Encircles Me,” from my Album and Prayer Song Book, “Paths of Love.”
Video Produced, Directed & Narrated by SD Harden with additional videography by MC Harden © 2018 All Rights Reserved.
Original Piano Solo “The Angel of The Lord Encircles Me”featured in the video is on the album “Paths of Love: Songs for Worship and Meditation” © 2015 Suzanne Davis Harden All Rights Reserved.